Sunday, April 13, 2008

Starter Pots

I've been starting a lot of seeds for the garden, and ran out of pots. So I searched out a number of ways to make starter pots made from newspaper. Some probably work fine, but it helps if you're an origami expert. At the twelfth fold, I'm thinking it's going to take me a long time to make a few pots.

Willi Galloway's method is the quickest and easiest. She is the West Coast Editor of Organic Gardening magazine, and the Organic Gardening Expert of EHow. You can make these seed planting pots by rolling newspaper around a glass or jar. Her video, How to Create Seed-Starting Pots From Newspapers, has the simplest directions to follow. You can pause it and follow along until you get the hang of it; even better than written directions. From my experiments, I found that a smaller mouth glass works better than a larger one, and they need a tray to support them. I really want to be growing plants now, and this trick helps me get back to the garden quickly.

No comments: